Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sci-fi Terrain

As I mentioned in the last couple posts, I am preparing for sci-fi skirmish rules that will be released in the near future, as well as for current rules that I already own.  I have completed the acquisition of miniatures.  The next step is terrain.

I have the battle mats and containers from Infinity, which are nice and work in a pinch.  But I wanted something more, something modular and with lots of walkways and stuff.

So I dug around on the internet, looking at buying terrain or building my own.  But then I saw Battlesystems (http://www.battlesystems.co.uk/), which is exactly what I want.  They even have their second sci-fi pack up on kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-ii-terrain).  But I don't want to wait a whole year to get that kickstarter, and their first sci-fi pack only lets you build so much.

But, paper terrain, that sounds like a viable option.  And I believe I found the solution.  Stones Edges' Orbital Starter (http://www.stones-edges.com/scifi/orbital).  Obviously they designed it to be a spaceship layout.  But I see so much more potential.  And so I have begun the laborious process of building a modular system out of the basic starter pack.

Here is a sample layout with what I currently have assembled.  

Here is everything glued currently.  The corner walkway on the left uses walls from a different paper terrain maker and is on foamboard, which lets me plop it down on any section of walls as a second floor addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment