Friday, January 16, 2015

Song of Blades and Heroes - Star Wars style

My son and I played a quick game of Song of Blades and Heroes using his Star Wars Command figures he got for Christmas.  We painted them up roughly.  Very roughly.


I was the Imperials.  Led by not-Darth Vader, couple Sith Warriors, three Stormtroopers with rifles and a Stormtrooper with a sniper rifle.  I kept the Stormtroopers together, using group activations by not-Darth Vader's Leadership.


My son played the rebels.  With not-Obi Wan Kenobi, couple Jedi Knights, a Smuggler, Wookie, and some rebel troopers.  



This was the initial set-up.  With paper terrain and plastic trees on our kitchen table.



Here's not-Darth Vader pushing the Stormtroopers to advance.


And the Smuggler is trying a daring run up the side.



Overhead shot after a couple turns.


Later in the match, my right flank was held firmly by my Sith Warriors and sniping Stormtrooper.


The left flank was dominated by not-Darth Vader.  Eventually not-Obi Wan Kenobi was slain, causing a few failed morale rolls.  Then he was down to 50% of his warband, so even more failed morale rolls.  After that the game was pretty much over.

All in all, a fun game using some modified rules my son and I adapted to use for Song of Blades and Heroes.  




No comments:

Post a Comment