Monday, December 28, 2015

The Age of the Rag'narok - Confrontation - Starter Set

Another of my Christmas presents was the starter set for Rackham's Confrontation.  Although I have no inclination to use the rules from Confrontation, the opportunity to get a handful of superbly detailed and pre-painted miniatures based on their fantastic art-style was hard to miss.  Especially since Miniature Market was selling them for dirt cheap.

Very nice box with an amazing art piece by Paul Bonner, definitely a fan of his style.
Here were the accessories in the box; dice (with a dragon emblem for the 6), a tape measure, and the nicely designed rulebook, which I won't be using.  There was also a decent folded battlefield map, double-sided, but sadly I won't use that either.
Here is the included hill and all the miniatures.  They have great detail and the pre-painted jobs, while not original, are better than any of my own painted minis.



Since the designs of the Wolfen are nearly identical to the Wrath of Kings' Goritsi, I had to put some up for comparison.  And yes, the pre-painted Wolfen look better than my own painted Goritsi.  At least I tried.

Wrath of Kings' Goritsi have more dynamic poses, but this is only the Confrontation starter set I'm comparing to.

Considering Miniature Market was selling this entire box for $10 over the Black Friday weekend sale, I think I got an amazing deal.  Well worth the price and the wait until Christmas to open it.

Highly recommended if you want some spearmen or wolf-men to use in some skirmish games.  As you can see, the Wolfen could be used with Wrath of Kings, or in Song of Blades and Heroes, or as werewolves in Kings of War.  The fact that you don't need to paint them is another high selling point.  The hill terrain piece has use in any tabletop game.  Buy it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment